Monday, July 6, 2009

Clannad, the graphic novel, the series, the movie, but not the manga.

Clannad (visual novel)
About two months ago I watched Clannad, and recently The After Story (about two weeks ago), and the Clannad Movie (last weekend). I started watching Clannad for a simple reason, one day I was just bored and felt like watching something new, but calm. While I was watching the first season I felt this anime was just going to be a good timekiller, with no real drama, at least not enough for me to feel excited. And yet I still watched like 12 or 10 episodes per day finishing the first season in about two or three days. I can't really explain why I saw it so fast, I just did. Now I'm not saying that nothing happens during the series, I was never 'sitting on the edge of my seat' excited, but I still wanted to see the next episode as soon as possible. And in reality many things do happen, but I always had this feeling that at the end everything would stay the same. But I will not say if that feeling was correct or not, for the safety of those who haven't seen it. Once I finished the first season I decided not to see the After Story for a while longer, due to the fact that I saw the first season to fast (or did I?).

After watching the first season I decided to play the graphic novel. But I can't say if the anime is an accurate adaptation, because I didn't follow the anime's story. I only passed the game once, and I didn't even meet the main character (Nagisa) in the game. For those who like this type of games I do
Clannad (visual novel) recommend it, as it is very interesting, and when replaying the story can change in many ways (I started a second play-through but never finished it). I stopped playing due to having the game installed in windows, which I was to lazy to use just to play this game. So for a while I didn't see anything Clannad-related.

About two weeks ago, one Friday night I was bored and decided I will 'start' watching the After Story. So I started around 9:00pm to see the first episode, and Saturday morning at around 7:00am I had finish all 22 episodes of the main story (as it does include 3 extra episodes). This was weird because my plan was to see only two or three episodes and not 22, o'well. The After Story begins where the first season left on, and it concentrates mostly on the two main characters (Tomoya and Nagisa). I feel that if I say anything more about the story I will spoil the series in some way directly or indirectly, so all I have to say is: Watch it, it's cool. One last thing the movie is a good interpretation (not the same) of the whole series, so I recommend watching it after seeing the series (both seasons).

1 comment:

  1. If you recommend it so much them I must,there are games galore and you are often dazzled by the look and charm of most but after playing you find out that there is hardly any storyline or meaning to the game which makes it obsolete after one time playing.
    cheap mp3 players

    ReplyDelete