Friday, July 31, 2009

My Opinion: BlazBlue

BlazBlue: Calamity TriggerImage via Wikipedia

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger is a really fun 2-D fighting game and it's also really beautiful to look at. I'm not a fan of fighting games so I hesitated a little before actually buying this game (even though I actually saw footage of the game two days before I bought it :D). I really didn't made my mind until was in the store purchasing it. The reasons I decided to go for it and buy it were two: the first that the game is visually astounding and the second is the right-stick controls, which made it easier for noobs to do all the cool stuff without doing the button combinations. Thanks to the right-stick even a noob could enjoy playing this game, but the right-stick will limit you as it can't do all combos or special attacks. BlazBlue comes with many game modes such as arcade mode, story mode, versus, training, theater, gallery, and online multiplayer.
The Story Mode is long for fighter game, to bad you never understand everything that is happening. Yet you do learn the personality of each character, and how they behave with the others and why. You also get a little background for each character, but at the end the story is confusing. This also happens because you play a different story for each character and something different happens. There is a real ending, once you pass it once with each character available in story mode, but this real ending is also somewhat confusing. Even though the story is confusing I did enjoy playing through it and watching the story videos.
The arcade mode is what you expect, you battle a series of characters and that's it. You do release a special attack or form for you character once you pass the arcade mode, so it is worth passing with all characters at least once. Some characters do interact with each other before a fight, but it's not much (which s a good thing, we do have a story mode after all). The other modes are self-explanatory, so I won't explain them.
I really liked BlazBlue; I admit I don't play it too often though to the fact that I'm not a fan of fighting games. The game is beautiful to see and fun to play, so I recommend it to everybody from noobs to hardcore gamers who are interested in a good fighting game.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the honest update of the BlazBlue;Not that I fancy fighting games but I will definitely take a look at it,The graphics seem vibrant and the characters exciting.
    Ps3 accessories

    ReplyDelete